Booking | Activities | People | Dining | Packing | Health | Services
- 1. Where can I go on a cruise?
- You can choose from itineraries spanning the globe. You can sail to the sun-swept beaches of the Caribbean or explore the spectacular glaciers of Alaska. You can tour the historic sights of Europe or marvel at the technological wonders of the Panama Canal.
The best part is that wherever you choose to travel, you can visit a variety of different stops all on one cruise. There's no packing and unpacking as you move from place to place. No checking in and out of hotels to worry about. Just unpack once, and then sit back and see the world.
- 2. What if I don't know where I want to go on a cruise?
- Since we are cruise specialists, our business is helping you decide. Contact us today! Based on the things that are the most important to you in a vacation, we'll give you a FREE evaluation of your options and find the cruise that's just right for you.
- 3. Isn't cruising expensive?
- No! A cruise is one of the best travel values. Your fare includes all your meals, your stateroom, daytime activities, nighttime parties and entertainment, plus transportation to some of the most popular ports in the world. For once, you'll know what your vacation will end up costing you before you go.
Cruising can give you more for your money. Cruise vacations feature all-inclusive pricing. That means you can get much more "vacation" for the price of a cruise than you can at the typical land-based resort.
- 4. What's included in the price of a cruise?
- On top of transportation to all kinds of incredible locations, the price includes accommodations at a world-class "floating resort", airfare (however, cruises without airfare are also available), all your delicious meals, dazzling nightly entertainment, dozens of activities, sports and fitness facilities, children's programs, movies, and much, much more.
You don't need to pay for a rental car to get from one activity to the next because everything's right there on the ship. And whatever you choose to do, you'll be treated to fabulous, pampered service that would be hard to beat at even the finest hotels in the world.
- 5. How does that compare to a land resort?
- At a typical land resort, the cost of your room generally covers...the cost of your room. Dining, entertainment, and most everything else costs extra. But with the all-inclusive pricing of a cruise, you can relax and enjoy yourself without constantly reaching for your wallet.
- 6. Is cruising an affordable vacation?
- Yes! Cruises are an incredible vacation value. Plus, since we are part of the largest network of cruise travel specialists in the world, we have enormous buying power. We can offer you great values on a wide variety of fabulous cruises. Many sailings start at just a little more than $100 per adult passenger per day, and kids cruise for even less. At many land-based resorts, you would pay more than that for your hotel room alone!
- 7. How do I book a cruise?
- Call Cruise Holidays of Corona, California. We'll help you pick the cruise that fits your vacation schedule, tastes and budget, then make all the arrangements to get you from your doorstep to your stateroom.
We will be happy to reserve a stateroom on the cruise of your choice with just a nominal deposit. If you'd like to make your deposit via e-mail or over the phone, your deposit can be made by credit card. If you make reservations in person, your deposit can be made with cash, check, or credit card.
- 8. Do cruise lines accept group bookings?
- We work with groups often at reduced rates depending on how many people are involved. Policies vary from company to company and sometimes during certain times of the year. Just call us for complete details.
- 9. Are all ships and cruises fairly similar?
- Far from it. Cruise Holidays of Corona represents ships from under 200 feet to over 1,000. Depending on the type of cruise you want, you can choose a barge trip for 6 or passage on a luxury cruise ship for 2,000. Experience atmospheres ranging from casual to formal; classically simple to ultra-deluxe. You can even choose between traditional propeller-driven craft and sailing ships.
- 10. What's an air/sea cruise?
- A "fly/cruise" or "air/sea cruise" vacation package includes either free or much reduced airfare along with your cruise ticket. These money-saving options are available from most major North American cities and include transfers between the airport and ship as well as baggage handling.
- 11. Can I book on short notice?
- To get exactly the ship, cabin and sailing date you want, you should plan and book early. Cruise Holidays of Corona has special prices on all cruises regardless of the time of booking.
It's a good idea to make reservations as early as you can to take advantage of special cruise line early booking discounts. Although many sailings will sell out early, sometimes we can find space available at a late date due to cancellations. (Note: Last minute deals can be found, but, generally speaking, the choices available are what others don't want.)
- 12. Can I extend my cruise vacation?
- Yes, we can arrange pre- or post-cruise land packages at the same time you book your cruise. We call these Cruise Tours.
- 13. Do I need a passport?
- Probably. However, you will probably need some proof of citizenship. You'll receive complete information on the documents needed well in advance of your departure so you'll have plenty of time to make arrangements.
Passports are recommended for many cruises. However, in the Caribbean and The Bahamas, U.S. citizens have several other options. Non-U.S. citizens residing in the U.S. must have a valid alien registration (green) card. We can give you additional information for the specific cruise you are taking.
- 14. What choices do I have in accommodations?
- You can choose a cabin on an inside aisle of the ship (without a window), or one with a window or port hole with an ocean view. On many ships, you can choose from a variety of cabins with private verandahs, including special suites. We will be glad to review your options with you and find the stateroom that's perfectly suited to your needs.
- 15. Are there different classes of service?
- Today's cruise ships are generally "one-class." Everyone on board can use all of the ship's facilities. The price of a stateroom is based only on its size and location. Regardless of the category you book, you'll enjoy the same courteous service, menus, activities and entertainment as everyone else on board.
- 16. Would our kids enjoy cruising?
- If your children enjoy swimming, sports, games, movies and the adventure of seeing new and exotic places, they'll love cruising. You'll find that kids adapt to shipboard life with ease, yet you won't wonder where they are and what they're up to every minute, because the cruise staff will help keep them busy and entertained.
There are many activities that parents and kids can enjoy together. During school holidays, most cruise lines offer a wealth of supervised children's programs. Kids of all ages will enjoy the games, parties, crafts, sports, and much more!
Best of all, children generally travel at substantially reduced rates.
Booking | Activities | People | Dining | Packing | Health | Services